Monday, November 20, 2006

Since it has been over a week since the last update, I thought I'd fill you in on the latest and greatest. Unfortunately, I have no pictures yet, but I'll get those out soon (I hope).

The highlight of my (Mark) week was diving again. I am taking my Advanced Open Water course right now, and we did two dives on Sunday. For each dive, we used enriched air, which means we could stay down longer. We did two wreck dives. I took my underwater camera, but I have not been able to develop the film yet. The first dive took us down about 100 feet, and the second dive was about 60 feet. The first site was the Tokai Maru & Cormoran (two ships sunk next to each other); and the second site was the American Tanker. You can read about each at http://www.letsdiveguam.com/Lets_Dive_Guam_ENG_DiveSiteInfo.html or http://www.mdaguam.com/tanker.htm. We will complete the class next Saturday when we do 3 dives -- a deep dive, a navigation dive, and a night dive. Should be fun!

Of course, Turkey Day is fast approaching, so some coordination took place last week, and it looks like we will be having lunch/dinner with our friends on base -- potluck style. Courtney did a trial run of the Pecan Pie she will make on Thursday. Of course, Thursday here is not Thursday in the States, so no football. Bummer!

On the Olivia radar, she is continuing to add vocabulary to her arsenal of cuteness. She is quite the mocking bird, which is why Courtney has had to give up smoking and cussing. She is also in the midst of potty training. Today she decided the office was more suitable than her toilet though, which fortunately, is tile. She is getting it little by little though. Courtney is most frustrated with Olivia's short naps (instead of a nice, long one), which leaves Olivia a bit grouchy the rest of the afternoon. Any tips?

Courtney returned from a night of shopping tonight. It looks like a lot of the Christmas gifts have been purchased. She also managed to purchase a ton of Christmas lights today for the Rota Walk -- a time when our street goes crazy with Christmas light decorations and the rest of the base walks through the neighborhood to enjoy. Of course, it should be fun to put all those lights on the house.

Well, time for bed. Hope all is well with everyone. Chat soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Although with this *time* thing I probably missed yours already! I love being able to keep up with you all and seeing all the pictures.I love and miss you. Kiss that precious baby girl for me. Keep in touch when you can. God bless ya, and keep you safe!