Monday, October 27, 2008

My Man

It is my turn to brag on Mark-and to share our news! Several months ago-April, I think, Mark put in a package (applied) for a fellowship in the world of operational and aviation psychology.

We learned today that he has been selected! (Congratulations, Babe, I never had a doubt!) If my understanding is correct, this fellowship will allow him to move out of the clinic and into more of the line-side operations of the military. Apparently, there is quite a difference between Med Group and the rest of the AF. He will focus more on prevention than on damage control.


We don't know many of the particulars, but one thing we do know is...watch out Florida! Here we come! The fellowship will take us to the panhandle sometime this summer/fall. It should make for an awesome opportunity for Mark, a good transition locale for us since we will still get our fill of sand and sun and be a great vacation spot for visitors-without them having to fly around the world!

In case you can't guess, I am super excited and super proud of my husband. Sometimes it seems he leads a charmed life, but get to know him a bit, and anyone would learn luck has nothing to do with it. He is hard working, responsible, generous, an amazing father and husband...I believe God blesses Mark because Mark blesses God. Does that make sense? It does to me.

Mark, you are my best friend, my greatest hero.

With All My Admiration...Court

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! Congratulations Mark! That is so great. You are such a talented and dedicated guy. Also what a blessing that you guys are moving closer and back to the continental 48! Many blessings,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of both of you--Mark does indeed deserve a 'charmed life'.. What a great tribute to all that you are and inspire to be. The in-laws are quite anxious to have you closer to home, too. You happiness has brought tears to my eyes. Love always.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mark!! That is amazing news...I am so proud of you! And Court said it best, when she stated that you worked hard for all you have and are in life. And you deserve the very best. And you are blessed because you bless God..I understand that TOTALLY!! And agree! What an amazing family you all are and am proud of ALL of you and love you all so much!
Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

congrats Mark!! Court said it just as i have told so many people so many times... God has blessed mark his whole life, but mark has lived his whole life for God". And at one time, i did think things came easy for you. in college i realized how much time, effort, sweat, 'blood' and tears you have given to become not only successful in a career but also husband and father. I am so proud of you , happy for you and court, and the girls, and if a son can be a hero to his mother.. you are mine! love you so very much!